Random thoughts/notes from a recent dev discussion about writing code as a team and maintaining that code over time:
- Write code with the expectation that you and your team will have to change that code. Often.
- So don't over-architect something.
- Proper amount of unit tests, not 100% coverage goal.
- Write code to make it easy for others to adapt and update your code.
- Write for now, not for some future state that you think might happen, else you’ll create the wrong abstraction/interface that future peers won’t be able to easily update.